Thorough and honest WDIR inspections and reporting from a pest control company you can trust.
What Is Included In A WDIR Inspection?
An A-1 qualified inspector will examine the property for signs of active or past infestations of several wood-destroying insects. We will follow the inspection report and make observation notes of our visual inspection. The inspection includes only easily accessible areas and areas attached to the house such as garages or permanent porches and decks. Our inspectors are looking for obvious signs of infestation such as actual insects, discarded wings, wood dust, chewed or tunneled wood, and the like.
What Is NOT Included In A WDIR Inspection?
It is not required nor is it customary for an inspection to include any areas that are not physically accessible such as behind walls or in crawl spaces less than 12” tall. The inspection usually does not include any detached garages, outbuildings, sheds, or any other structures that are not attached to the main dwelling. A-1 Pest Control inspectors will also not make any speculation about potential infestations that are not visible or any damage that may be observed. The report is not a guarantee, but it is honestly reported based on visible evidence.
Whether you are a Real Estate Agent or a Home Buyer, you should contact A-1 Pest Control to conduct your WDIR Inspection for the most through and honest report.
Five Areas of the WDIR Inspection Report
The Official North Carolina Wood-Destroying Insect Information Report is pretty cut and dry. It includes 5 sections:
- Section 1 is basically the buyers name, the sellers name, and the location of the property.
- Section 2 includes space to list any areas of the home that were not inspected due to obstruction or just being inaccessible.
- Section 3 notes the specific insects and what if anything is observed, as well as what if any treatment was performed, and finally where the infestation if any was observed.
- Section 4 is a simple check box if no evidence of an infestation is observed.
- Section 5 is an area to note if there are favorable conditions for a subterranean termite infestation to occur.
What Happens After The Inspection Has Been Completed?
After the inspection has been performed, A-1 Pest Control will complete the WDIR and provide documentation to the necessary parties. If termite activity or other wood-destroying insects are discovered, we can develop a treatment plan and provide a quote for services.
Should you need assistance getting a WDIR completed or need help interpreting yours, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Request a Termite Inspection for your property now by filling out the form below:
"*" indicates required fields